The eyes are a very delicate feature and susceptible to injury and damage. As we age, the body itself starts to show signs of wear and tear, just like any piece of machinery that has been in use for a very long time. Considering the amount of activity that we carry out on an average day with our eyes, it must be quite simply the most utilized part of our body. Hence, it is absolutely necessary to protect the eyes and maintain eye health, which we sometimes take for granted.
These days, along with keeping the body in shape, people are taught eye exercises to prevent the eyes from damage due to excessive use at work, harsh lights hitting them, dust and other particles damaging the sensitive portions and from illnesses like cataract, glaucoma etc. This is more so because with technology advancements we have come to rely totally on electronics like computers, mobile phones, TV sets to gather information, to carry out our work duties and for leisure and entertainment.
The eyes also require proper nutrition and exercise to prevent degeneration of tissue and muscle that can even lead to loss of eyesight. Proper nutrition with the right kinds of foods and complete rest can ensure that the eye continues to function well and delight us with the images of life that we see all around us.
Basic tips to preserve vision
While there is a glut of information on eye function, eye exercises, eye care and every other topic related to the eye, it is imperative that we keep some basic tips in mind to ensure that 'our window to the world' is kept safe and sound.
1. Good care of the eyes starts with the food that we consume; nutrients like Lutein, Omega-3, Zinc, Vitamins C and E provide good health benefits and can keep away vision problems that arise due to advancing age and illnesses like Diabetes, which is the chief cause of vision loss. Foods like green, leafy vegetables, oily fish, beans, nuts and non-meat proteins, and citrus fruits like oranges provide sufficient quantities of these nutrients.
2. Smoking is extremely hazardous to health and to the eyes in particular; the substance Nicotine found in cigarettes causes optic nerve and tissue damage in the eyes and hence smoking should be completely avoided.
3. Eye glasses and shades that protect the eyes from the harmful ultra-violet rays of the sun should be worn while going out in the sun or doing outdoor activity. They help to keep the eyes strain from harsh light and dust particles which can damage the sensitive portions of the eye.
4. Safety eye equipment like goggles are a must while doing any activity that involves airborne materials or equipment, activities like painting, carpentry and plumbing or while riding on a bicycle or a motorcycle. Even sports activities require that goggles are worn along with helmets to prevent injuries and falls.
5. Constant exposure to bright rays from computer screens of can cause vision problems. A variety of health problems can crop up by too much exposure to computer screens and reading fine print on mobile handsets or other electronic equipment.
• Back, neck and shoulder pain
• Blurry vision
• Difficulty in focusing
• Dryness of the eyes
VisionSpecialists.Org is a leading website where you can buy high quality sunglasses and eyeglasses. If you are looking for ZERO-G Sunglasses or TOMMY HILFIGER Sunglasses then do not forget to check our website. As a welcome offer for new customers you will get FLAT 10% off on your first order if you use VSC10 coupon code. Hurry!! Limited Time Offer.